- Walk on the Great Wall of China. Not just a 30min walk, a proper 6km walk or so. Up lots of stairs!
- Hike on a high mountain in China (Mount Hua Shan, one of the 5 sacred mountains in China, 2000m).
- Go to Machu Picchu, Peru. I told Keith that when I got Kalydeco we would have to go to Machu Picchu to celebrate (any excuse for a holiday!) . The nearby airport is 3400m high, so this will be a challenge as there is less oxygen (67% of the amount of oxygen at sea level). We will then take the train (yes there is a train straight to Machu Picchu!) rather than the Inca Trail (4200m high, 61% of the oxygen at sea level). Even at 70% FEV1 I dont think that trekking at 4200m high would be that safe, so the train is definitely the best option. A year ago I thought I would never be able to go to Machu Picchu as I thought the altitude was beyond my lungs, so I can thank Kalydeco for making that possible 🙂
- Run. I’ve never enjoyed running, but it is much easier now than before. I still struggle to run long distances, but my goal is to run/walk occasionally with the 6km city to bay next year.
- Ski. I’ve always loved skiing and I plan to find more time to make it to the snow!
- Visit hot and humid places. Partially because I now will not loose lots of salt, and also because its a good excuse to travel to Africa or Asia!
Time to add more places to my map 😀
If you’re wondering where I got this map from it’s from a facebook application.